Quad Proof + Long Life
Whether you drop it into water or dive with it, IPX6/IPX8 certified waterproofing keeps Everio R running.
IP5X certified dustproofing lets you use Everio R in some seriously dusty environments without worry.
Accidental droppage can destroy an ordinary camcorder, but Everio R is built tough to take it in stride.
Take Everio R out in the snow or on the slopes – even if you’re freezing, Everio R will keep working.
Note: Photos show GZ-R415. Colour availability differs by model.
HIGH QUALITY IMAGE AND SOUND
Full HD 1920x1080 Recording
Record, watch and share high quality video in native Full HD resolution. 1080/50p progressive recording is also available for high-end models.
2.5M Back-illuminated CMOS Image Sensor helps indoor and night scenes look brilliant.
Enhanced Image Stabilisation
Count on steady, less jittery images with effective compensation for camera shake.
10 Megapixel Stills
Enjoy quality still pictures with zoom power that digital still cameras and smartphones just can't match.
Restores sound elements that are lost during digital compression, assuring realistic sound of recorded scenes.
Auto Wind Cut
Original technology reduces wind noises picked up at the microphone, so gusts of wind won’t spoil your soundtrack.
MORE FUN IN RECORDING AND PLAYBACK
40x Optical and 60x Dynamic Zoom
Zoom to 40x magnification with full optical quality, then beyond to 60x without sacrificing resolution.
Zoom Position Memory and Zoom Microphone
You can instantly return to a pre-set zoom position while the zoom microphone varies the focal point to match the picture.
Recording with LCD Monitor Closed
Recording continues even when the monitor is closed so you can use the camera in more active situations.
5H* Internal Long-Life Battery
You’ll have plenty of power to shoot entire events without worry, and with no risk of damage by having to change the battery in bad weather.
Compatible with Portable Battery* and USB Charging
Just connect a commercially-available portable battery for additional power. Or you can Quick Charge via micro USB terminal to extend recording time as well.
Conversion Lens Attachable
A 37mm filter thread enables you to attach various third-party filters and conversion lenses. Boost your creativity.
One-Touch Slow Motion Playback
Instantly engages slow motion playback while playing back a video. Convenient way to check movement of sports scenes.
Time Counter REC
Time information can be recorded along with the video. Counter keeps rolling even while not recording or when the camera is turned off.
Time Counter PLAY
Starts time counter at any point and the elapsed time is displayed on screen. Use it as a stopwatch. No effect on the original recording.
Self Check REC/PLAY
Automatically repeats recording and playback at set intervals. Good for checking your own form, such as a swing or a step.
Records one frame at a time at set intervals (1sec. – 80sec.). So you can watch movement that’s hours long in just a few seconds when played back.
Big-Button On-Screen Menu
Easy operation with large menu buttons. You can operate even while wearing gloves thanks to the pressure-sensitive touch panel.
ENHANCED CREATIVE CAPABILITES
Wi-Fi models only
Live Monitoring and Remote Recording
Camera images from Everio R can be transmitted to Android and iOS devices for real-time monitoring as well as remote recording.
Wireless Data Transfer
Access your Everio R via smartphone or tablet using our free app. Wirelessly download your recorded HD footage as you like.
You can play videos using a tablet app with the left and right reversed like a mirror. Simply and quickly turn dance footage into a dance lesson video.
Simultaneous Side-by-Side Playback
Play two videos next to each other. Since it supports playback of vertical footage too, you can compare from head to toe the exact movements you’ve recorded.
By linking the video image with the app via Wi-Fi, you can add scores to sporting event recordings in real-time. Relive the game more vividly with a score tally.
Everio MediaBrowser 4 Software
Windows PC software supplied for easy import, management and editing of your videos. Provided in the built-in memory of the camera.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
You can edit your video afterwards with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X just like the pros do.
Mobile User Guide
Now you can check the instructions on the spot even while you’re away.
- Select Mobile User Guide via on-screen menu and a QR code will appear on Everio R’s LCD.
- Read the QR code and access the site using your smartphone.
- Select a language and your Everio R’s model name, then the site will show the Mobile User Guide.
- Select the item of interest and get instructions on the spot!
Quad Proof Specifications
Equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529 IPX6/IPX8
Equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529 IP5X
Clears company testing compliant with “MIL-STD-810F Method 516.5 Shock: dropping onto plywood 3cm thick from a height of 1.5m
Allowable operating temperatures: -10ºC to 40ºC
Precautions for Quad Proof Function
- Malfunction due to misuse by the customer is not covered by warranty.
- Before use in water, be sure to read the “Detailed User Guide” in the built-in memory of the camcorder.
- Close the connector cover firmly until it clicks and confirm that the red sign completely goes off.
- Make sure that there is no damage to and no foreign material adhered to the packing inside the cover.
- Use the camcorder in marine water and fresh water not deeper than 5m and for not more than 30 minutes.
- The waterproof cannot be guaranteed if the camcorder is subject to impact such as dropping.
- Do not apply impact in water.
- Do not soak the camcorder in hot springs or water of 40ºC or higher.
- Dustproof function is not meant to encourage use on sand. Avoid use in conditions where sand and/or dust particles can become lodged in moving parts such as the LCD monitor hinge and zoom lever.
- Temperatures between 0°C and -10°C temporarily lower battery performance, reducing the time available for recording.
- Quad Proof is not a guarantee of protection against damage and malfunction.
Software System Requirements
Everio sync. 3
- For Android phone/tablet with version 4.1 or later
- For iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with iOS 8.1 or later
JVC CAM Coach 2
- For Android tablet with version 4.1 or later
- For iPad with iOS 8.1 or later
Above information is not a guarantee that all devices using those operating systems can use these application features.
Everio Media Browser™ 4 (Windows®)
- Windows® 10 Home / Windows® 10 Pro (64-bit edition, pre-installed)
- Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 8.1 Pro (64-bit edition, pre-installed)
- Windows® 8 / Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit edition, pre-installed)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium (32-bit edition/64-bit edition, pre-installed, SP1)
- Intel® Core™ Duo, at least 1.66GHz
For further details, see the Detailed User Guide.
Design and specifications subject to change without notice. The photos of the products featured on this catalogue may not be of actual products that are available in your country.
It should be noted that it may be unlawful to re-record pre-recorded tapes, records, or discs without the consent of the owner of copyright in the sound or video recording, broadcast or cable programme and in any literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work embodied therein.
Microsoft® and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Mac, and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The "Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X" logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.
The Wi-Fi Logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. “AVCHD”, the “AVCHD” logo, “AVCHD Progressive” and the “AVCHD Progressive” logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC. The SD, SDHC, and SDXC logos are trademarks of the SD Card Association. QR Code is registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED. All brand names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade names of their respective holders. Screen images and print samples on this catalogue are simulated unless otherwise specified.